Sunday, February 19, 2012

Orzo Mushroom Soup

Hello everyone!  Sorry I have been gone for a few weeks but our wedding is getting close and I have been running around.  I do think it is fair to say that I will post soups on Sundays when I can for the next couple of months.  Today's soup is a light mushroom soup.  Enjoy!   

Ingredients:
8 C Vegetable stock
1 Bay leaf
1 Clove of garlic, minced
5 Scallions, sliced
12 oz Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 C Orzo pasta
2/3 C White wine
1 T Fresh parsley. chopped
Salt to taste

Directions:
1.   Add bay leaf  and garlic to stock and bring to a boil.
2.  Add scallions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
3.  Add orzo pasta, cover and let simmer for 7-8 minutes; until pasta is cooked.
4.  Add white wine and parsley and serve.  Salt to taste.

Serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment